Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our Service, register for our Service, subscribe to our emails, mobile messages, push notifications, or social media notifications, post on our forums or blogs, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, survey, or poll, communicate with us via third party social media sites, shop our products via an online store, order physical or digital gift cards, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us through the Service.
The types of information we may collect include Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, email address, zip code/post code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, user name and password, product preferences, birth date, demographic information including gender, education, occupation, photo, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our service providers automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Service. This information may include demographic information; IP address; browser/device/hardware type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our Service; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Service.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our Service, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Service.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our Service. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service. For example, cookies allow us to store items in your cart between visits. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
- Web Beacons: We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as "Internet tags" or "clear gifs," in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: We may use GPS (global positioning systems) software and other location-based technologies to locate you so we may verify your location, and deliver relevant content to you based on your location.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends and/or interests identified through automatically collected information.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you (such as email and address) from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
Advertising & Analytics Services and Online Tracking
This means that some information about your browsing of the Service and certain third party sites may be shared with these companies for the purpose of delivering ads to you on the Service and certain third party sites, and we may receive from some of these companies information about third party sites that you have visited. This information is used for marketing purposes and the practice is sometimes termed "retargeting" to indicate that information from one retailer is used to suggest to you relevant products offered by another retailer.
These and other third parties may also collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Service. We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your online experience;
- Process your registration with our Service, including verifying that your email address(es) are active and valid;
- Manage your online account(s), including purchases, orders, payments, returns, exchanges, and forum and blog posts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, coupons, newsletters, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Improve our Service or other Humidome websites, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Process and track your redemption of digital coupons and associate those redemptions with your account;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Contact you regarding your use of our Service and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Provide you with notices related to our Service and other Humidome websites, products and services;
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys, on our Service and other Humidome websites, products and services;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against threats; and
Sharing of Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers have access to Personal Information to carry out work on our behalf. These third party service providers and agents are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance.
In addition, we may share information about you as follows:
- With our business partners, affiliates and other third parties for purposes of sending their own marketing;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To defend the policies applicable to our Service;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
- With the Humidome parent and subsidiary companies for internal business purposes;
- Your redemption of digital coupons with our suppliers;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Humidome assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction.
Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others
In addition, we may enable you to use a referral feature to inform a friend about our Services. By using a referral feature, you represent that you have permission to provide your friend’s email address or other information to us.
Third Party Websites
Your Privacy Rights Request
If your country or state requires that we provide you certain details about how your information is shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes, we will comply with such law and/or permit you to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
We may from time to time elect to share certain information about you collected by us on the Service with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If the laws of your country or state so require, you may opt out of such future sharing and/or request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us.
Any such request must include "Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
We take reasonable steps to have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to help protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information collected through our Service.
Governing Law and Disputes
02750 Espoo, Finland